Looking for a way to show off your cattitude? Give these fun cat ear headbands a try. They’re super easy to make!
What you’ll need:
- Oversized black chenille pipe cleaners (you can also use smaller pipe cleaners)
- Plain, thin, black headband
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut a length of pipe cleaner about 12 inches long. Pull off any loose chenille from the ends after you cut.
- Fold the pipe cleaner into two even halves.
- Just slightly to one side of fold, start shaping one cat ear. I made mine about 2 inches tall.
- Repeat the process on the other side to create your second ear.
- Smooth out any fold that remains from the center fold you initially made.
- Put a line of glue on the underside of the center top of the headband, then glue the center of the pipe cleaner to the underside of the headband so the ears stick up above it.
- Put a line of glue halfway down the inside of one side of the headband, and glue the rest of the pipe cleaner to it.
- Repeat on the other side with the other end of the pipe cleaner.
- Trim any excess chenille toward the end of the pipe cleaner to give the headband a clean look. You can also embellish your headband with ribbons, pom poms or whatever you like.